Events for adults that are largely social, such as singles events, reunions, game nights, wine tastings and adult open gym nights. Send items to firstname.lastname@example.org two weeks before event date.
New Beginnings St. Patrick's Day dinner party: 7 p.m. Monday, March 16, St. Matthews Church, 1001 E. Schaumburg Road, Schaumburg. Corned beef, cabbage, potatoes, Irish soda bread, rye bread and shamrock deserts. $5. (630) 307-0095 or (847) 965-8072.
Nite Club Two Step and Salsa dance class: Begins 7:15 p.m. Tuesday, March 17, South Barrington Park District, 3 Tennis Club Lane, South Barrington. Develop you dance skills, no prior dance experience or dance partner needed. To register, call (847) 381-7515 or sbpd.net.
Join New Beginnings for dinner: 6:30 p.m. Tuesday, March 17, Village Tavern Restaurant, on Wise Road, in Schaumburg. Reservations to Geri at (630) 307-0095.
Eyewitness on Africa: 7-8:30 p.m. Tuesday, March 19, Palatine Public Library, 700 N. North Court. Photographer Bill Helmuth presents the third part of a program series featuring the people, sights, wildlife and wonders of Africa. To register, (847) 358-5881, ext. 132 or palatinelibrary.org.
Polish dinner: 6:30 p.m. Thursday, March 19, Prozybylo's White Eagle, 6839 N. Milwaukee Ave., Niles. Join New Beginnings for an authentic Polish dinner. Reservations to Dan, (847) 846-9799.
Join New Beginnings for dinner: 6:30 p.m. Friday, March 20, Al Capone's Hideaway, 35W337 Riverside Drive, St. Charles. Reservations to Paul, (630) 253-3787.
Les Bavards du Nord: 1 p.m. Saturday, March 21, Berruti's Deli, 771 S. Buffalo Grove Road, Buffalo Grove. Francophone lunch group meets for lunch and conversation in French. No membership required; listening in French is required. For details, visit lesbavardsfrancophones.blogspot.com. RSVP to lesBavardsduNord@yahoo.com or call (847) 921-7864 by Thursday, March 19.
Russian Jeopardy Club: 12:30-4:30 p.m. Sunday, March 22, Indian Trails Public Library District, 355 S. Schoenbeck Road, Wheeling. Play the intellectual team game in the Russian language. For information or to register, call (847) 459-4100 or visit www.indiantrailslibrary.org.
Chocolate Seder: 1:30 p.m. Sunday, March 22, Congregation B'nai Shalom, 701 W. Aptakisic Road, Buffalo Grove. The Northwest Chapter Hadassah will hold a Chocolate Seder; $10. For information, call Linda, (847) 991-2657.
New Beginnings Murder Mystery party: 6:30 p.m. Sunday, March 22, at the home of a member. Bring a dish to share, coordinate with Norina, (847) 490-1066.
New Beginnings meets: 7 p.m. Monday, March 23, St. Matthews Church, 1001 E. Schaumburg Road, Schaumburg. Bingo, prizes. (630) 307-0095 or (847) 965-8072.
Lunch and Laughter: Noon, Monday, March 23, Congregation Beth Am, 225 N. McHenry Road, Buffalo Grove. The Buffalo Grove Group of Hadassah North Shore Chapter will offer a box lunch followed by the film "Young at Heart" and discussion, for $10. For details, call (847) 433-6350 or e-mail northshore@Hadassah.org.
Poetic License: 7:30-9 p.m. Wednesday, March 25, Indian Trails Public Library District, 355 S. Schoenbeck Road, Wheeling. A writer's group specifically for poets. For information or to register, call (847) 459-4100 or visit www.indiantrailslibrary.org.
Adult bowling and breakfast: 9-10:30 a. m. Wednesday, March 25, Bartlett Community Center, 700 S. Bartlett Road. Breakfast and Wii bowling $5. Register at (630) 540-4800 or bartlettparks.org.
Great Decisions Discussion Group: 7-8:45 p.m. Thursday, March 26, Indian Trails Public Library District, 355 S. Schoenbeck Road, Wheeling. Discuss timely global and thematic topics related to U.S. foreign policy. The program is centered around the "Great Decisions" briefing book. For information or to register, call (847) 459-4100 or visit www.indiantrailslibrary.org.
Happy hour: 5 p.m. Friday, March 27, Peggy Kinnane's, 8 N. vail Ave., Arlington Heights. Join Movin' On for happy hour and stay for dinner. Marilyn, (847) 202-4740 or Walter, (847) 478-8215.
Travel film: 1 p.m. Monday, March 30, Prospect Heights Public Library, 12 N. Elm St. "Secrets of the Parthenon." Register at (847) 259-3500, ext. 35 or phpl.info.
New Beginnings meets: 7 p.m. Monday, March 23, St. Matthews Church, 1001 E. Schaumburg Road, Schaumburg. Election night for new board members. (630) 307-0095 or (847) 965-8072.
Girl's Night Out-Celebrate Spring: 7-9:30 p.m. Friday, April 3, Pina's Culinary Experience, 632 E. Irving Park Road, Roselle. Prepare a gourmet meal with chef Edward, then enjoy the fruits of your labor. $50 per person, ages 21 and over. (847) 934-6300 or invernessparkdistrict.com.
Casino trip: April 4-6, departs from the Arlington Heights Park District Senior Center, 1801 W. Central Road. Park district patrons 21 and over. Overnight to Potawatomi Casino and Oneida Bingo Casino. (847) 577-3000 or ahpd.org.
• Steinmetz High School, Chicago, all classes reunion bash; Saturday, March 14. Contact SteinmetzAlumni.com or Dennis Ruedel, email@example.com.
• Canty Grammer School, Chicago, all classes reunion. Saturday, March 14. Contact Dennis Ruedel at firstname.lastname@example.org.
• St. Columbkille reunion luncheon: Noon Sunday, March 29, Fountain Blue, 2300 S. Mannheim Road, Des Plaines. $35, all classes. Proceeds benefit the retirement fund of the Sisters of Providence, St. Mary of the Woods, Ind. Charlene Swintek, (847) 427-1981.
• St. Mary High School, Chicago, all class reunion: 11:30 a.m. Sunday, April 19, Hilton Oak Lawn, 9333 S. Cicero Ave. Call (773) 274-7970.
• Lake View High School classes of 1959: Saturday, June 20. Contact Jo Speciale Laufenberg, (847) 692-5907 or Sue Cornelisson Nape, (847) 297-0580.
• Bowen High School class of 1969: Saturday, July 25, Holiday Inn Mart Plaza, Chicago. Brett Weiss (630) 248-5405.
• Prospect High School Class of 1969: Reunion is planned for August 2009. For details, e-mail email@example.com. Classmates, friends, relatives and acquaintances may also get in touch online through classmates.com and through a special YahooGroup, PHS_Knightsof69 at http://groups.yahoo.com/group/PHS69
• Maine East High School Class of 1979: Reunion planned for Aug. 1, at Arlington Trackside. (888) 409-TEAM.
• Maine East High School Class of 1989: Reunion planned for Oct. 10, at Arlington Trackside. (888) 409-TEAM.
• St. Celestine School Class of 1969: Reunion planned for October 2009. Contact Marcia Feret-Valancius at firstname.lastname@example.org.
• Fenton High School Class of 1989: Reunion planned for Oct. 24, at Villa Olivia Country Club. (888) 409-TEAM.
• New Trier High School Class of 1979: Reunion planned for Nov. 27, at Pinstripes. (888) 409-TEAM.
• Deerfield High School Class of 1989: Looking for alumni for its 20-year reunion. Call (888) 409-TEAM.
• Our Lady of the Wayside 1961 reunion tentatively scheduled for Aug. 6, 2011; Seeking 1960, 1961 and 1963 graduates Contact Pat (Dralle) Kendall. E-mail email@example.com or visit classmates.com
Sociable Singles 50+ Group: Meetings held at 6 p.m., second Monday of each month at Russell's Barbecue, 2885 Algonquin Road, Rolling Meadows. Meet new friends for weekly events including dinners, plays, walks, sports and travel. Call the hotline (847) 289-4420 for information.
WII Game: 1:30 p.m., Mondays, Rolling Meadows Senior Center, 3705 Pheasant Drive (847) 818-3205
New Beginnings: Meets 7:30 p.m. Mondays in the Hughes Center at St. Matthews Church, 1001 E. Schaumburg Road, Schaumburg. Catholic oriented nondenominational social support organization for the separated, divorced, widowed and single person. Donation $3 per meeting. For a listing of monthly events, e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org or call (847) 891-1220.
Bingo: 7 p.m. Wednesdays; Des Plaines Elks Club, 495 Lee St., Des Plaines. Free coffee and soda with $500 coverall and bonanza. Public is invited.
Surviving the Loss of a Spouse: Drop-in group meets from 1:30 to 2:30 p.m. Wednesdays; Jewish Child and Family Services, 1156 Shure Drive, Arlington Heights. Topics include coping with grief, making decisions, managing relationships and staying healthy. $7 per session. Rosalie Greenberger, LCSW, (847) 392-8820. www.jcfs.org
Party classes: Offered by the Long Grove Art School, 1207 McHenry Road, Buffalo Grove. Art parties for up to 10 adults.; includes painting supplies, finger foods, pop, coffee and dessert. Fee is $40 per person. For reservations, deposit and other details, call (847) 534-2920 or visit longgroveartschool.com
Movin' On: A nondenominational social group whose purpose is to provide a welcoming, social situation exclusively for widowed men and women in the Northwest suburbs. Call Lenore at (847) 458-9697 for event and club information.