Events for adults that are largely social, such as singles events, reunions, game nights, wine tastings and adult open gym nights. Send items to firstname.lastname@example.org two weeks before event date.
Travel film: 1-2:15 p.m. Monday, March 2, Prospect Heights Public Library, 12 N. Elm St. "Venture to Alaska." Register at (847) 259-3500, ext. 35 or phpl.info.
Country Western night: 7 p.m. Monday, March 2, Hughes Center, St. Matthews Church, 1101 E. Schaumburg Road, Schaumburg. Join New Beginnings for a chuck wagon dinner with hot dogs and beans. Wear your boots, jeans and Western shirts. (630) 307-0095.
Travel film: 7-8:30 p.m. Tuesday, March 3, Prospect Heights Public Library, 12 N. Elm St. "England: The Southwest," see the coastal scenery of Cornwall and the towns of Boscastle, Clovelly and Castle Combe with world traveler Myria Brand's slide lecture. Register at (847) 259-3500, ext. 35 of phpl.org.
Festa della Donna: 7 p.m. Thursday, March 5, Enzo & Lucia Ristorante, 343 Old McHenry Road, Long Grove. Three-course Italian dinner, fashion show, and a discussion on historically significant accomplishments by women in honor of International Women's Day. There will be a cash bar. Tickets are $35 per person; a portion of each ticket will benefit PADS. For reservations, call (847) 478-8825.
Islands of the Palm Coast trip: Departure March 6. BACOA and the Barrington Park District have partnered with Mayflower Tours for this nine-day trip. Visit St. Augustine, Amelia Island and Fernandina Beach with stops in Montgomery, Ala., and an optional trip to Orlando. $1,149 includes 12 meals, motor coach transportation and $45 in Mayflower Money. For information or reservations, call Linda Avellon at BACOA at (847) 852-3892.
Eli Skinner NSDAR: 12:30 p.m. Thursday, March 6, Arlington Heights Memorial Library, 500 N. Dunton St., Arlington Heights. The Eli Skinner Chapter, National Society Daughters of the American Revolution will hold its annual Genealogy Workshop. Genealogical research assistance will be offered to members and prospective members in the morning; the afternoon program will be "Y-DNA Use in Genealogical Research." For information, e-mail ArlHtsDAR@aol.com or call (847) 359-0839.
Mom Makeover: Noon to 3 p.m. Sunday, March 8, Indian Trails Public Library District, 355 S. Schoenbeck Road, Wheeling. Learn how to do a basic style and manicure. A few people from the audience will receive an on-the-spot makeover. Quick shoulder and upper back massages will also be available. For information or to register, call (847) 459-4100 or visit www.indiantrailslibrary.org.
The ultimate diet makeover: 7 p.m. Thursday, March 12, Prospect Heights Public Library, 12 N. Elm St. Registered and licensed dietitian Joan Schwaba will help you get started on the track to eating right. Register at (847) 259-3500, ext. 35 or phpl.info.
Friday afternoon movie: 12:30-2:30 p.m. Friday, March 13, Prospect Heights Public Library, 12 N. Elm St. Movie: "The Other Boleyn Girl." Rated PG13. To register, (847) 259-3500, ext. 35 or phpl.info.
Nite Club Two Step and Salsa dance class: Begins 7:15 p.m. Tuesday, March 17, South Barrington Park District, 3 Tennis Club Lane, South Barrington. Develop you dance skills, no prior dance experience or dance partner needed. To register, call (847) 381-7515 or sbpd.net.
Eyewitness on Africa: 7-8:30 p.m. Tuesday, Feb. 24, Palatine Public Library, 700 N. North Court. Photographer Bill Helmuth presents the third part of a program series featuring the people, sights, wildlife and wonders of Africa. To register, (847) 358-5881, ext. 132 or palatinelibrary.org.
Russian Jeopardy Club: 12:30-4:30 p.m. Sunday, March 22, Indian Trails Public Library District, 355 S. Schoenbeck Road, Wheeling. Play the intellectual team game in the Russian language. For information or to register, call (847) 459-4100 or visit www.indiantrailslibrary.org.
Poetic License: 7:30-9 p.m. Wednesday, March 25, Indian Trails Public Library District, 355 S. Schoenbeck Road, Wheeling. A writer's group specifically for poets. For information or to register, call (847) 459-4100 or visit www.indiantrailslibrary.org.
Great Decisions Discussion Group: 7-8:45 p.m. Thursday, March 26, Indian Trails Public Library District, 355 S. Schoenbeck Road, Wheeling. Discuss timely global and thematic topics related to U.S. foreign policy. The program is centered around the "Great Decisions" briefing book. For information or to register, call (847) 459-4100 or visit www.indiantrailslibrary.org.
Travel film: 1 p.m. Monday, March 30, Prospect Heights Public Library, 12 N. Elm St. "Secrets of the Parthenon." Register at (847) 259-3500, ext. 35 or phpl.info.
Girl's Night Out-Celebrate Spring: 7-9:30 p.m. Friday, April 3, Pina's Culinary Experience, 632 E. Irving Park Road, Roselle. Prepare a gourmet meal with chef Edward, then enjoy the fruits of your labor. $50 per person, ages 21 and over. (847) 934-6300 or invernessparkdistrict.com.
Casino trip: April 4-6, departs from the Arlington Heights Park District Senior Center, 1801 W. Central Road. Park district patrons 21 and over. Overnight to Potawatomi Casino and Oneida Bingo Casino. (847) 577-3000 or ahpd.org.
• Steinmetz High School, Chicago, all classes reunion bash; Saturday, March 14. Contact SteinmetzAlumni.com or Dennis Ruedel, email@example.com.
• Canty Grammer School, Chicago, all classes reunion. Saturday, March 14. Contact Dennis Ruedel at firstname.lastname@example.org.
• St. Columbkille reunion luncheon: Noon Sunday, March 29, Fountain Blue, 2300 S. Mannheim Road, Des Plaines. $35, all classes. Proceeds benefit the retirement fund of the Sisters of Providence, St. Mary of the Woods, Ind. Charlene Swintek, (847) 427-1981.
• Lake View High School classes of 1959: Saturday, June 20. Contact Jo Speciale Laufenberg, (847) 692-5907 or Sue Cornelisson Nape, (847) 297-0580.
• Bowen High School class of 1969: Saturday, July 25, Holiday Inn Mart Plaza, Chicago. Brett Weiss (630) 248-5405.
• Prospect High School Class of 1969: Reunion is planned for August 2009. For details, e-mail email@example.com. Classmates, friends, relatives and acquaintances may also get in touch online through classmates.com and through a special YahooGroup, PHS_Knightsof69 at http://groups.yahoo.com/group/PHS69
• Maine East High School Class of 1979: Reunion planned for Aug. 1, at Arlington Trackside. (888) 409-TEAM.
• Maine East High School Class of 1989: Reunion planned for Oct. 10, at Arlington Trackside. (888) 409-TEAM.
• St. Celestine School Class of 1969: Reunion planned for October 2009. Contact Marcia Feret-Valancius at firstname.lastname@example.org.
• Fenton High School Class of 1989: Reunion planned for Oct. 24, at Villa Olivia Country Club. (888) 409-TEAM.
• New Trier High School Class of 1979: Reunion planned for Nov. 27, at Pinstripes. (888) 409-TEAM.
• Deerfield High School Class of 1989: Looking for alumni for its 20-year reunion. Call (888) 409-TEAM.
• Our Lady of the Wayside 1961 reunion tentatively scheduled for Aug. 6, 2011; Seeking 1960, 1961 and 1963 graduates Contact Pat (Dralle) Kendall. E-mail email@example.com or visit classmates.com
Sociable Singles 50+ Group: Meetings held at 6 p.m., second Monday of each month at Russell's Barbecue, 2885 Algonquin Road, Rolling Meadows. Meet new friends for weekly events including dinners, plays, walks, sports and travel. Call the hotline (847) 289-4420 for information.
WII Game: 1:30 p.m., Mondays, Rolling Meadows Senior Center, 3705 Pheasant Drive (847) 818-3205
New Beginnings: Meets 7:30 p.m. Mondays in the Hughes Center at St. Matthews Church, 1001 E. Schaumburg Road, Schaumburg. Catholic oriented nondenominational social support organization for the separated, divorced, widowed and single person. Donation $3 per meeting. For a listing of monthly events, e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org or call (847) 891-1220.
Bingo: 7 p.m. Wednesdays; Des Plaines Elks Club, 495 Lee St., Des Plaines. Free coffee and soda with $500 coverall and bonanza. Public is invited.
Surviving the Loss of a Spouse: Drop-in group meets from 1:30 to 2:30 p.m. Wednesdays; Jewish Child and Family Services, 1156 Shure Drive, Arlington Heights. Topics include coping with grief, making decisions, managing relationships and staying healthy. $7 per session. Rosalie Greenberger, LCSW, (847) 392-8820. www.jcfs.org
Party classes: Offered by the Long Grove Art School, 1207 McHenry Road, Buffalo Grove. Art parties for up to 10 adults.; includes painting supplies, finger foods, pop, coffee and dessert. Fee is $40 per person. For reservations, deposit and other details, call (847) 534-2920 or visit longgroveartschool.com
Movin' On: A nondenominational social group whose purpose is to provide a welcoming, social situation exclusively for widowed men and women in the Northwest suburbs. Call Lenore at (847) 458-9697 for event and club information.