• Daniel J. Schmaus, 26, of the 900 block of Portsmouth, Island Lake, was arrested around 11:10 a.m. Feb. 20 on the 1600 block of Hicks Road and charged with felony possession of more than 30 grams of marijuana, felony aggravated fleeing and eluding and other traffic violations after an officer found him with marijuana at the Metra station, 2121 W. Northwest Hwy., reports said. He sped away and was stopped on Hicks Road, where he ran from his car, and an officer caught him trying to climb a fence, police said. His court date is March 18.
• Vandals smashed a window at the former Lattof Chevrolet building, 800 E. Northwest Hwy., around 4:50 p.m. Feb. 24.
• Thieves stole a white 2004 Ford pickup truck, a silver salter attached to the rear bed of the truck, a plow harness attached to the front bumper, a snowblower and a 2004 Ranger with snowplow that were parked at UOP, 1055 S. Mount Prospect Road, between 5:45 and 9:20 p.m. Feb. 23. Total value was estimated at $8,500.
• Vandals broke a faucet on an exterior wall at a business at 1460 Market Street on Feb. 25, causing water to flood from the faucet. Damage was estimated at $500.
• Thieves stole a padlock and keys from a men's locker at Bally Total Fitness, 225 W. Rand Road, between 3 and 4 p.m. Feb. 17. Total value was estimated at $110.
• A vandal hurled a brick that shattered a glass patio door of a townhouse on the 1200 block of Boxwood Drive around 11:55 p.m. Feb. 17. Damage was estimated at $400.
• Eugene Tsivin, 23, of the 23400 block of North Garden Lane, Lake Zurich, and Filipp Kirik, 24, of the 20500 block of Florence, Prairie View, were arrested around 12:30 a.m. Feb. 23 at the Westin North Shore hotel, 601 N. Milwaukee Ave., Wheeling, and charged with possession of marijuana and drug paraphernalia after police said Kirik called 911 from their guest room to report a fight on the roof. Officers did not find anyone on the roof but did find marijuana and a drug pipe in the room. Their court date is March 31.
• Vadim Zhiglinskiy, 21, of the 400 block of Manda Lane, Wheeling, was arrested around 8 p.m. Feb. 23 at 7-Eleven, 1081 W. Lake-Cook Road, and charged with local ordinance sale of tobacco to a minor after a police tobacco enforcement check. Jacob M. Bonham, 25, of the 500 block of Shelly Court, Wheeling, was arrested at A-1 Liquors, 50 N. Wolf Road, around 8:30 p.m. Feb. 23 and charged with local ordinance sale of tobacco to a minor during the same investigation. Their court date is March 24.