• A laptop computer was stolen out of a 2004 Chevrolet Aveo on the 600 block of West Rand Road between 3 p.m. Feb. 18 and 2 p.m. Feb. 20.
• A 2001 Toyota Corolla on the 400 block of West Barrington Lane was vandalized between 10 p.m. Feb. 21 and 1 p.m. Feb. 22.
• Burglars broke into a store at 2104 E. Miner St. around 10:40 p.m. Feb. 23 by first entering the vacant store next door and cutting a hole in the south wall between the stores. They moved a heavy cabinet out of the way, climbed through the hole, stole $200 from a cash drawer and left through the rear door.
• Ryan B. Young, 25, of the 300 block of Somerset Drive, Streamwood, was arrested around 5:35 p.m. Feb. 23 at Midway Kia, 855 Rand Road, and charged with assault after police say he raised his fists in a threatening way and swore at a male employee. His court date is March 25.
• James F. McGrath, 50, of the 1600 bock of East Howard Avenue, Des Plaines, was arrested around 6:55 p.m. Feb. 23 at his home and charged with disorderly conduct and resisting a peace officer. His court date is April 3.
• A blue 1999 Honda Civic was stolen from a dealership lot on the 1500 block of Rand Road between 5 p.m. Feb. 22 and 9 a.m. Feb. 23.
Elk Grove Village
• A New Holland skid steer valued at $48,900 with a 10-foot snow pusher on the front was stolen from a store lot on the 900 block of Meacham Road between 6 a.m. Feb. 19 and 3:45 a.m. Feb. 21.
• A man was hit on the head by a robber around 2:35 a.m. Feb. 19 in a parking lot on the 2100 block of Devon Avenue. The victim struggled with the robber, who was carrying a pipe or a handgun, and who hit him on the head with the weapon and fled. The injured man was treated at Alexian Brothers Medical Center in Elk Grove Village.
• A 2008 Honda Odyssey van on the 1000 block of Wellington Avenue was vandalized between 11:30 a.m. and noon Feb. 18. Damage was estimated at $1,000.
• Burglars broke a surveillance camera in a parking lot at 2311 Touhy Ave. between 2 p.m. Feb. 15 and 7 a.m. Feb. 16, broke into six shipping containers and stole 10 cases of stainless steel coffee pots. Total loss was estimated at $1,900.
• Someone broke into two taxicabs on the 400 block of Perrie Drive between 2 a.m. and 12:30 p.m. Feb. 12 and stole a GPS unit out of each. Total loss was estimated at $1,600.
• Someone broke into two 1994 Toyota Celicas on the 900 block of Perrie Drive overnight Feb. 12-13. The burglar tried and failed to steal the in-dash stereo from one, but got the in-dash stereo and speaker system from the second. Total loss was estimated at $1,300.
• Someone entered an unlocked door on an attached garage at a home on the 2000 block of Mark Terrace between 9 and 10:45 a.m. Feb. 23, kicked open the connecting door to the house and stole watches and jewelry worth about $1,600.
• A 1996 Ford Escort on the 1800 block of West Palm Drive was broken into between 8:30 p.m. Feb. 23 and 12:01 a.m. Feb. 24; a GPS unit and CD player were stolen. Total loss was estimated at $430.
• A 2004 Toyota Camry on the 1300 block of South Elmhurst Road was broken into between 7 p.m. Feb. 20 and 2:45 p.m. Feb. 23; a GPS unit was taken. Total loss was estimated at $425.
• Marilyn Brown, 19, of the 2900 block of Northampton, Rolling Meadows, and Trisha Clyde, 19, of the 100 block of South Midland Avenue, Mundelein, were arrested Feb. 20 and charged with retail theft from Wal-Mart, 1460 Golf Road. Their court date is March 6.
• Zbigniew Cegielski, 44, of the 2000 block of Peachtree Lane, Arlington Heights, was arrested Feb. 21 and charged with retail theft from Wal-Mart, 1460 Golf Road.
• Melanie Vargas, 19, of the 4500 block of North Springfield, Chicago, was arrested Feb. 21 and charged with retail theft from Wal-Mart.
• Vandals smashed a southwest side window at Carl Sandburg Junior High School, 2600 Martin Lane, between 3 p.m. Feb. 21 and 7:30 a.m. Feb. 22. Damage was estimated at $400.