• Vandals cracked the front picture window on an unknown date, but reported Sept. 23, at a vacant home for sale on the 22900 block of Grimm Road, the Lake County sheriff's office said. A damage estimate was not available.
• Thieves stole a purse around 1 p.m. Sept. 23 from a female customer at Gurnee Mills, 6170 Route 132, police said. A value estimate was not available.
• Burglars stole a digital camera, MP3 player, speaker and a knife overnight Sept. 22-23 out of an unlocked 2003 GMC Yukon parked on the 4000 block of University Avenue, police said. A value estimate was not available.
• Vandals scratched the trunk lid and used black spray paint to cover all sides of a maroon 1999 Plymouth Neon and write an obscenity on the hood between 9 p.m. Sept. 18 and 6 a.m. Sept. 19 on the 35100 block of Sheridan Road, the Lake County sheriff's office said. Damage was estimated at more than $300.
• Zachary T. Konecki, 20, 1112 Wembley Drive, Island Lake, was arrested around 3:30 p.m. Sept. 24 at his home and charged with possession of marijuana (263 grams) with intent to deliver, possession of drug paraphernalia, unlawful use of a weapon (brass knuckles), and filing a false police report, police said. A McHenry County court date was not available.
• Burglars stole a laptop computer charger with AC/CD converter Sept. 18 out of an unlocked 1991 Ford Taurus parked at a home on the 37300 block of Capillo Avenue, the Lake County sheriff's office said. Value was estimated at $200.
• Thieves stole a wallet with credit and gift cards Sept. 21 out of a woman's purse during a Sunday service at Quentin Bible Baptist Church, 60 Quentin Road, the Lake County sheriff's office said. Someone used a credit card in the wallet to purchase gas in Chicago, reports added. Total value of the purse and contents was estimated at $600.
• Thieves stole a Bobcat auger overnight Sept. 21-22 from a construction site on the 1100 block of East Route 22, police said. Value was estimated at $6,058.
Round Lake Beach
• Marco Cadena, 28, 5418 Hillside, McHenry, was arrested around 1:30 a.m. Sept. 16 and charged with disorderly conduct and driving under the influence after a traffic stop at Rollins Road and Turnbull, police said. According to reports, the disorderly conduct charge was the result of false 911 calls he made while in custody. A court date was not available.
• Aaron E. Podeszwa, 18, 97 Keystone Ave., Fox Lake, and Joshua S. Banaszynski, 19, 35677 David Court North, Ingleside, were arrested around 4 p.m. Sept. 16 after selling a stolen GPS unit and camera to Alexander's Pawn Shop, 312 W. Rollins Road, police said. According to reports, the items were stolen during vehicle burglaries in unincorporated Lake County. A court date was not available.
• Gene A. Johnson, 35, 1024 N. Idlewild Drive, Round Lake Beach, was arrested around 6:40 p.m. Sept. 17 and charged with disorderly conduct after he yelled obscenities at neighbors, police said. A court date was not available.
• Albert C. Wells, 38, 575 Kristina Lane, Round Lake Beach, was arrested around 4 p.m. Sept. 17 at his home and charged with theft by deception after admitting to stealing $9,471 from the U.S. Social Security Administration by not reporting his mother's death in June 2007 and continuing to collect her Social Security checks until September 2008, police said. A court date was not available.
• Gustavo Mario Moya, 39, 1840 Delany Road, Apt. 219, Gurnee, was arrested Sept. 21 and charged with retail theft after a security agent for Macy's in Westfield Hawthorn mall saw him take clothes valued at $305 and leave without paying, police said. His Waukegan court date was set for Oct. 20.
• Vandals destroyed a mailbox around 12:20 a.m. Sept. 20 at a home on the 2200 block of Trailside Lane, police said. A damage estimate was not available.