- » Smoothing over breakfast
- » You say tomato, we say delicious
- » Go big on carrots
- » Break the rules with Greek Vegetable Soup
- » Make these BLTs ASAP
- » Israeli couscous puts new spin on staple
- » Entertain during the dog days of summer
- » Pesto makes pasta perfect
- » Pesto's value immeasurable
- » One simple tool makes cherry tart easy
- » Feed friends with Shrimp Pasta Salad
- » Rice is nice for Fourth of July
- » Don't cry: Dinner will be sweet
- » Father's Day means oven barbecue
- » On a roll with pizza dough
- More from Beverly Mills with Alicia Ross
Why didn't we think of this a long time ago? Chopped Margarita Salad is a cross between a margarita pizza and a buffalo-mozzarella salad - with a little romaine thrown in for summer crunch.
It's a light yet satisfying salad that's perfect for a sweltering summer evening. Of course, if you're a committed carnivore, feel free to include some grilled chicken chunks, a flaky whitefish fillet or seared salmon, or even a few sauteed shrimp or scallops.
If you are traveling to a friend's house and have volunteered to bring the salad, this is a showstopper. Be sure to dress the salad just before serving.
Serve it with a hearty sourdough bread and a glass of crisp, chilled white wine, and you've got summer dining - at home or away - covered. For another hearty dinner salad, visit our website at KitchenScoop.com and check out our updated twist on a classic Cobb Salad.
Suggested menu: Chopped Margarita Salad with grilled chicken breasts and hearty sourdough bread.
•Beverly Mills and Alicia Ross are co-authors of "Desperation Dinners!" Write them at Desperation Dinners, c/o United Media, 200 Madison Ave., New York, NY 10016, or email@example.com. More at the Desperation Dinners website, kitchenscoop.com.