- » Smoothing over breakfast
- » You say tomato, we say delicious
- » Go big on carrots
- » Break the rules with Greek Vegetable Soup
- » Make these BLTs ASAP
- » Israeli couscous puts new spin on staple
- » Entertain during the dog days of summer
- » Margarita Salad adds summer crunch
- » Pesto's value immeasurable
- » One simple tool makes cherry tart easy
- » Feed friends with Shrimp Pasta Salad
- » Rice is nice for Fourth of July
- » Don't cry: Dinner will be sweet
- » Father's Day means oven barbecue
- » On a roll with pizza dough
- More from Beverly Mills with Alicia Ross
Last week, we introduced you to Green Gold and promised it would transform anything it touches. This week, the proof is in the pudding - make that the pesto. Classic Basil Pesto, to be exact.
Today's Perfect Pesto Pasta is meatless, flies together in 15 minutes, and requires just a few basic ingredients. In this recipe, we wanted the homemade pesto you made last week to grab all of the attention. (Don't worry if you missed last week's column. We're reprinting the pesto directions along with today's recipe.)
Of course, you can cheat and use already prepared refrigerated pesto from the supermarket, but whipping up your own is simple and drastically better than store-bought. If you would like another recipe for using your Green Gold, there's a Pesto Pizza recipe posted on our website atKitchenScoop.com. Enjoy!
Suggested menu suggestion: Perfect Pesto Pasta with corn on the cob and crusty rolls.
•Beverly Mills and Alicia Ross are co-authors of "Desperation Dinners!" Write them at Desperation Dinners, c/o United Media, 200 Madison Ave., New York, NY 10016, or email@example.com. More at kitchenscoop.com.