This pasta salad is a wonderful blend of tomatoes, capers and shrimp - the perfect salad for a perfect summer day.
Courtesy of Alicia Ross
- » Smoothing over breakfast
- » You say tomato, we say delicious
- » Go big on carrots
- » Break the rules with Greek Vegetable Soup
- » Make these BLTs ASAP
- » Israeli couscous puts new spin on staple
- » Entertain during the dog days of summer
- » Margarita Salad adds summer crunch
- » Pesto makes pasta perfect
- » Pesto's value immeasurable
- » One simple tool makes cherry tart easy
- » Rice is nice for Fourth of July
- » Don't cry: Dinner will be sweet
- » Father's Day means oven barbecue
- » On a roll with pizza dough
- More from Beverly Mills with Alicia Ross
Want an excuse to have friends over? This recipe is excuse enough. Today's Shrimp Pasta Salad with Tomatoes and Capers makes a lovely addition to a lunch buffet or even a summer brunch. It has a bright lemony flavor, it's easy, and it's beautiful. Sounds like a plan.
We used the already cooked and peeled frozen shrimp, but you could use any kind of shrimp you have on hand. The capers are the secret to the sauce, so be sure not to leave them out.
For another delicious summer shrimp recipe, check our website at KitchenScoop.com for Topsail White Shrimp Spaghetti. Either of these summer shrimp recipes will work with any type of pasta. Try mini shells or jumbo macaroni for the cold salad and anything from linguini to angel-hair pasta for Topsail Shrimp "Spaghetti."
Suggested menu: Shrimp Pasta Salad with Tomatoes and Capers, assorted cheese and crackers and fresh fruit.
• Beverly Mills and Alicia Ross are co-authors of "Desperation Dinners!" Write them Desperation Dinners, c/o United Media, 200 Madison Ave., New York, NY 10016, or firstname.lastname@example.org. More at the Desperation Dinners website, kitchenscoop.com.