Babies roller skate in one of the alleged "Funniest Commercials of the Year."
Elizabeth Hurley offers up cups of tea in "Austin Powers: International Man of Mystery."
- » WFMT starts show devoted to chamber music
- » Girls-only 'School of Rock' on PBS
- » Wooden features in HBO presentation
- » 'Biggest Loser' casting call Saturday
- » Bill Maher is back for 8th season
- » You haven't seen a Spartacus like this one
- » TV3: Jack's back for his 8th day
- » ABC7's got 'Soul', Rufus Wainwright opera
- » Museum looks at making of WGN doc
- » 'Monsters and Money' on CH. 2 mornings
- » Rock Hall of Fame Concert set for HBO
- » CSN airs Ben Wilson doc, Mag Mile lights
- » Minds behind 'ATHF' at Lakeshore Theater
- » TV3: TCM salutes Grace Kelly
- » Dylan lets it flow at first of three shows
- More from Ted Cox
WGN Channel 9 holds its seventh annual Drive-Thru Toy Drive from 5 to 9 a.m. Friday. The first people dropping off new, unwrapped toys at Channel 9's North Side Chicago studios at 2501 W. Bradley Place will have a shot at a limited number of $2 Dunkin' Donuts gift cards. The toys and any monetary donations will go to the Off the Street Club in Chicago's West Garfield Park neighborhood.
It's a sitcom Xmas
The TV Land classic rerun channel holds its 10th annual "Merrython" on Sunday, Dec. 13, running a 24-hour series of Christmas episodes starting at 5 a.m. with a few "Roseannes." Other high points include several holiday episodes of "The Beverly Hillbillies" starting at 2 p.m. and a couple from "The Cosby Show" at 12:30 a.m. Monday.
Ads of the year
Kevin Nealon gets some help this time around from Fred Willard in playing host to TBS' annual "Funniest Commercials of the Year" special at 9 p.m. Tuesday, Dec. 15. Look for babies and animals acting out and lots of dumb guys pushing cologne and beer.
Following the trajectory of Mike Myers' career, the "Austin Powers" series soon descended into a scatological hog wallow. Yet there's still some cleverness to the original "International Man of Mystery" spy spoof, starting with how he reportedly modeled Dr. Evil on his old "Saturday Night Live" boss Lorne Michaels. It's at 11 p.m. today on FX.