Mark Williams captured his second PBA title in three days Friday in the PBA Midwest Senior Regional Open at Beverly Lanes in Arlington Heights.
Coming off a victory Tuesday in Hammond, Ind., Williams of Beaumont, Texas, defeated senior rookie Bob Faragon of Schenectady, N.Y., 221-190, in the championship game on the strength of seven strikes in his first nine frames.
It was the the18th regional title for the 51-year-old Williams, complementing a Hall of Fame career that included winning the PBA's Tournament of Champions in 1985 and 1988.
Williams averaged 219 for 17 games while posting an overall match play record of 7-2.
The senior professional bowlers continue their August tournament schedule with stops in Decatur and Joliet.
PBA Midwest Senior Open Final standings
The final standings, along with hometown (match record) and prize money
1. Mark Williams, Beaumont, Texas (7-2) $1,800
2. Bob Faragon, Schenectady, N.Y. (6-1) $1,200
3. Tom Howison, Chillicothe, Ohio (5-4) $900
4. Charlie Tapp, Kalamazoo, Mich. (5-4) $900
5. Ron Mohr, Eagle River, Alaska (4-2)$750
6. Kerry Fulford, Brownwood, Texas (4-3) $750
7. Bobby Johnson, Chillicothe, Ohio (4-2) $750
8. Dennis Lanes, Kingsport, Tenn. (3-3) $750
9. Harry Sullins, Chesterfield, Township, Mich. (3-3) $600
10. Robert Harvey, Boise, Idaho (2-3) $600
11. Wayne Webb, Sacramento, Calif. (1-3) $600
12. Mickey Higham, Elk Grove, Ill. (1-3) $600
13. Joe Piagentini, Lake Villa, Ill. (1-3) $600
14. Bob Chamberlain, Auburn Hills, Mich. (0-3) $600
15. Don Blatchford, Santa Monica, Calif. (0-3) $600
16. Tom Baker, King, N.C. (0-3) $600
Other cashers - Positions 17-22 ($450 each): Mike Hastings, Georgetown, Del., Lyle Zikes, Arlington Heights; Ben Hoefs, West Bend, Wis.; Dale Eagle, Frisco, Texas; Steve Ferraro, Kingston, N.Y.; Curt Aemisegger, Wauconda. Positions 23-28 ($400 each): Hugh Miller, Mercer Island, Wash.; Jerry Morano, Lombard; Lance Murray, Bourbonnais; Gregg Getzlow, St. Charles, Mo.; Michael Henry, Brunswick, Ohio; Dave Sill, Cary. Super senior cashers ($250 each): Bob McDonald, Addison; Dave Soutar, Bradenton, Fla.