- » Kane Co. ready to limit red light cameras
- » Red-light cam coming to Golf and Rand
- » Elk Grove to deactivate 2 red right cams
- » Never a camera around when you need one
- » Legal opinion shifts against red-light cams
- » No stopping red-light cams in Des Plaines
- » Wheeling keeping its red-light cameras
- » Red-light cameras are increasing safety
- » Naperville: No camera tickets for right turns
- » Suburbs may get stuck with intersections
- » Better track red-light camera income
- » Wheeling out of red-light camera program
- » Taking right way on red-light cameras
- » Cook board lets 'burbs opt out of cameras
- » Let's boycott makers of red-light cameras
- More Related Stories
Thank you for the in-depth look at the latest attempt by our local governments to siphon money off the residents. It is obvious the cameras at the intersections are a moneymaking scheme disguised as a safety precaution. Look at the statistics!
What's next? Riding the yellow line to avoid hitting a jogger or biker? Jaywalking?
We think it is shameful that during these tough economic times that the people we trusted to look out for us are buying into a company's false claims that these cameras would make our roads safer. It will be interesting to see how "safe" our roads will be this winter when people slam on their brakes during icy road conditions to avoid being in the intersection when a yellow light comes on. You may end up with all those crashes you were trying to avoid.
We hope the powers that be are listening. Election time is right around the corner ...